Saturday, June 28, 2008

Recent Etsy Purchases

I always like to mention my Etsy purchases, to help promote the wonderful sellers and to gloat over my awesome stuff. I haven't done so in a while, and I've missed mentioning a lot of great sellers, especially those shops where I get my supplies. So today I thought I would show a few of my more recent purchases. Most of these I haven't received yet, and those I have I'm too lazy to take pictures of... so enjoy, and check out the great sellers behind these wonderful items!

First up is this lovely bird pendant by jessicajane. I can't remember when I first stumbled into this shop, but I know I stuck around for a long time. I loved her black polymer bird charms, but I wanted some colour. I liked her custom word birds, but I couldn't think of a word.... And then she posted this charming fellow, and I just couldn't resist. It's really a beautiful pendant, and I get compliments on it whenever I wear it.

Another shop that I've had my eye on for quite some time is bluedogrose. Her delicate paintings make me smile, and I just can't resist her endearing LWR (little white rabbits)! I finally decided on this pretty Summer Swing magnet and this Alison in Snow ACEO. Alison is so sweet ~ she's an original watercolour and the workmanship is very fine. The magnet is also well made, and very strong so that I can actually hold things on the fridge with it. I love magnets.. my fridge is getting pretty full, but there's always room for more!

I've recently started experimenting with stamping and inks. So, being the bunny lover I am, I just picked up this adorable running bunny stamp. I'm looking forward to trying it out! I purchased the stamp, along with another one, from schOOLLOcker, a great supplies shop. I've purchased buttons from them before and they got lost in the mail. I was worried, it was the first time it had happened to me. But they were really nice about it and sent me a replacement right away. I'll definitely return to them again.

All of these items have been watched by me, either on and off or incessantly, until I finally cave in and buy the item. This Understated necklace and earrings set from MiaBeads was watched for a long time. The earrings sold quite a bit, so I decided to scoop up the set before they were gone. I can't wait to get them. I love MiaBeads ~ there's a locket necklace I also have my eye on... we'll see how long I can last...

Another bunny that I've watched more on and off is Otto Conejo. He's beautiful. I didn't want to wait any longer. This unique art piece is by essimar, and features a bunch of little triangles cut out of wallpaper. I can't wait to get him, frame him and admire him on my wall!

Last but not least is the beautiful silk-work by pamelatang. I've watched her shop for a long time, admiring the beautiful silk quilts (a particularly gorgeous one in watermelon really caught my eye around Christmas time)... I recently noticed the journals were on sale for a limited time. I couldn't resist (now where have I heard that before..??). I don't exactly need a new journal at this time, but who can't use a journal??! I'll think of something. Just looking and feeling the cover should give me inspiration enough.

Well, that's all for now. I just returned from a shopping trip to a craft store... and I'm excited to try out all my new stuff!

1 comment:

Angie said...

that pendant is gorgeous :)